BDPA Charlotte is proud to announce the creation of the BDPA Information Technology (IT) Assessment Project:
A collaboration between area Corporate IT professionals and Computer Science students to assess the Information Technology needs of Charlotte area Community Computer Centers.
IT Assessment Project
The purpose of the BDPA Charlotte Information Technology (IT) assessment project is help local Charlotte organizations with community computer centers identify IT gaps. Community computer centers provide vital IT resources to citizens in underserved communities, but they often lack the personnel with skills to adequately assess their technology needs. BDPA Charlotte is looking for Charlotte area organizations, which have small to medium size community computer labs to conduct a complementary IT computer assessment. BDPA, the premier organization for African-Americans in IT, can fill this knowledge gap for organizations in our community, by providing the thought leadership and expertise to accomplish this noteworthy goal. As Microsoft phases out its most successful Operating System (OS) Windows XP, the BDPA's IT assessment project will make coordinators of community computer centers knowledgeable of the hardware requirements needed to run Microsoft's new OS Windows Vista. Additionally, it will identify risks and threats existing in their desktop computing environment.
- 89.6% of all the worlds' computers run some flavor of Microsoft Windows. Source: http://marketshare.hitslink.com
- Currently, 66% of computers still run the Microsoft Windows XP OS version. Source: http://marketshare.hitslink.com
- 98 out of every 100 computers have 1 or more unsecure applications installed. Source: www.computerworld.com
The following steps outline the actions performed as part of the IT Assessment Project.
* Security Vulnerability Assessment to identify risks and threats that exist on existing desktop/laptop computers.
* Assess the ability of existing computer hardware to meet the upgrade requirements to run the Microsoft Windows Vista Operation System.
Approximately four weeks after assessment, BDPA Charlotte will provide the community computer center with a formal report. The IT assessment will provide a road map to assist community computer centers for identifying and prioritizing their needs. This will empower community computer centers to provide higher quality of services to our students, job seekers, and seniors in our community. Additionally, the report information can be useful for grant applications.
The IT Assessment Project is FREE to local community computer centers, which grant BDPA Charlotte volunteers permission to perform the assessment.
BDPA Charlotte Qualifications
BDPA Charlotte is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization comprised of professionals working in the IT field or anyone having an interest in computers. BDPA Charlotte is member of the National BDPA organization that has over 57 Chapters nationwide. Our membership is diverse and composed of IT executives, managers, consultants, entrepreneurs, project managers, developers, network engineers, programmers, web developers, instructors, and students.
BDPA is a global member focused organization that positions its members at the forefront of the IT industry. BDPA is committed to delivering IT excellence to our members, strategic partners, and community.
BDPA Charlotte strives to accomplish our mission by serving the Charlotte community, keeping our members educated and employed.
BDPA Charlotte Board
Julius Clark Sr.
President-Elect & VP of Business Management
Lawrence Belton Jr.
VP of Finance
VP of Membership Services
VP of Membership
VP of Student Information Technology & Scholarship Program
High School Computer Competition Coordinator
Background of Project Manager
Julius Clark Sr.
Information Assurance Professional
Salem International University
MBA, 2004 - 2006
University of Fairfax
MSIS, Information Security, 2004 - 2006
Wentworth Institute of Technology
BS, Electronic Engineering, 1994 - 1997
Honors and Awards
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Server & Network Architecture, Information Security, Information Technology Audit, Career Mentoring
and Non-profit Management.
* Security Compliance Monitoring & Reporting Engineer at Wachovia Bank
* President Elect, VP of Business Management at BDPA Charlotte Chapter
* Information Technology Auditor at Wachovia
* Director of Education at BDPA Charlotte Chapter
* Implementation Coordinator at Wachovia
* Sr. Systems Engineer at Wachovia
* Network Analyst at Piedmont Natural Gas
* Network & Telecom Analyst at Homesite Home Insurance Corporation
* Sr. Systems Engineer at American Student Assistance